A situation that needs to be handled immediately is when a pipe bursts in your home or office. You need someone to rapidly respond to your call and to stop the water from causing even more damage to your property. Altra Dry is the company that can easily get a stressful situation back under control! Our technicians have years of experience of dealing with burst / frozen pipes and will arrive to your property within 60 minutes or less of your call, assess the situation and immediately start making the repairs needed to stop more water from entering your residential or commercial property.
Ways to Prevent Frozen / Burst Pipes
An all too common problem here in East Central Indiana is burst / frozen pipes. It may seem like something that you just have to deal with, but that is absolutely not the case! Here are some ways you can help reduce the risk of your pipes freezing and bursting:
- Turn up the heat! Now is not the time to be worrying about saving money on your heating bill. A lot of people turn their thermostats way down when they leave the house for the day. When the weather turns this cold however, you need to keep your home above at least 65 degrees.
- Open up the cabinet doors. Especially if some of your pipes run through outside walls, open the doors on your bathroom vanity cabinets, and the cabinet where your kitchen sink is. Allowing the warm air to get into these areas can help a great deal.
- Keep the water flowing. Just a small trickle of water flowing from your faucets can keep enough water moving through the pipes to prevent them from freezing.
- Make sure there are no hoses connected to your garden hose spigots. These can cause the pipe to burst, and make quite a mess in your basement or crawl space.
- Make sure you know where your main water supply shut-off is. In the case of a frozen pipe, you’ll need to know where to go to turn off the water.
Following these easy steps can help lower your chances of a frozen or burst pipe. Of course, sometimes accidents happen. When they do, Altra Dry will always be there to clean up the mess.